Thursday, August 18, 2011

Key Lime pie for breakfast.

I don't know what woke me up the first time.  I shouldn't have looked at the clock.  Once I saw that it was 3:45 am, my brain started moving.  I tried hard to just think about getting to sleep...but my thoughts wandered all over the place and ended up in the fridge.  I happen to have some Key Lime pie in there.

I might have drifted in and out of a restless sleep for the next 2 hours.  (I hope so because this is going to be a bizizzy day, without time for my favored power-siestas AND it's a work night.)  I thought about all kinds of stuff going on right now: school starting, laundry...a new phase in my work-life, marital stuff, house renovations, bikini waxing....floppy-foot-itis.....key lime pie...

Then, as I was drifting off to sleep, I felt a tickle.  "Oh, that Junior...his fur sure is soft", i thought, as i felt my dog at my feet. I felt it again near my face, but just brushed away what was sure to be a stray hair bothering me.  When i felt the same familiar tickle on my hand, I had to jump up and turn on the light to confirm my dreaded suspicion: i screamed when i saw the odd looking bug.  While I was slightly relieved to see that it wasn't a roach, I was WIDE awake by then.  Time for some Key Lime.

(that's some eggs and fruit for breakfast, no? well, anyway; i had some milk, too, so maybe there is some nutritional value in there somewhere!)

Sooooo.....what's the latest keeping me awake these days? I reckon it will take several posts to get caught up, but I am up for it.  I was so pleased to see the comments awaiting me from my last few meager entries; thank you all for reading.  This is a touch-stone of sorts for me.

 I can't stand complainers, or worse yet, hearing myself complain; yet that seems to be the bulk of what's been occupying my thoughts recently.  I've sunken into one too many "pity parties" and I am tired of it...sooo ready to move on! I'm ready to dig out of this rut.

Good thing i ate breakfast!!


1 comment:

Zay said...

Key lime pie sounds delicious! I too am desperate for positivity for and from myself. I'm trying, sister. :)